Tuesday, November 27, 2007
11/27 SNR II
- PJ's got today's ruling here.
- And as you'd expect, Zen's got all of the day's docs. Note, in particular, Novell #472. Yes, Novell. Within hours of today's ruling, Novell's already informed Kimball about it. With all of the noise SCO's been making about how eager they were to proceed with the Novell case (ok, mostly it was MOG saying that), you'd think they'd have informed Kimball immediately. It must've just slipped their little minds, I guess.
- Slashdot has the news too. At the moment there aren't any comments referencing Soviet Russia, Natalie Portman, Beowulf Clusters, or even "Fr1sT P0st". I know because I looked, for once. So if you hurry, you could be the first.
- The GL story's on Digg here. I've never really taken the time to figure out Digg, but feel free to drop by over there and vote, or comment, or do some "social networking", or do whatever it is they do. If you're so inclined.
- Coverage at TechSpot as well.
- Meanwhile, the latest plague on our industry: Nigerian patent trolls. Seriously. Well, "seriously" if you think they're genuinely Nigerian and not, say, Redmondian.
- A thread on c.u.s.m about converting PCX files to JPG. Yes, PCX files. Remember those, from back in the pre-Win3.1 days? This is what passes for cutting-edge technology in the SCO world. And yes, solving this problem requires ImageMagick, which is GPL'd Free Software.